Sunday 18 February 2007

Smoking


I am personally against smoking. I believe that not only is smoking a waste of money but it simply ruins many peoples lives in numerous ways for example it increases heart rate and blood pressure, damages arteries, increases clotting and so on. I don’t think it’s right for parents to smoke in front of their children either as this has a major impact on the child, as the parent is the role model to the child therefore the child will see smoking as a norm.

Conversely I would not stop those individuals who smoke from doing so, yes I would explain to my loved one’s that it is bad for them but if they wish to carry on smoking that’s totally up to them. I wouldn’t myself class smoking as “Being Bad” because there are many more things which are worse than smoking i.e. drink driving! Nonetheless everyone is different, and everyone has their own right to choice.

No comments: